AMSC Teacher Education Student Selected for Internship
Bianca Bradford, a teacher education student at Atlanta Metropolitan State
College (AMSC), has been selected for the Global Communities Internship
Program (GCIP). The internship program is a project of the Atlanta Global
Research and Education Collaborative. The program's goals include
connecting diverse communities and cultures, global leaders, intercultural
communicators, community builders, and "global" citizens via internships at
Clarkston-based organizations during summer 2021. Bianca was selected by
a team of professionals led by Georgia Tech's Service Learning and
Partnerships Specialist Ruth Yow.
As a GCIP intern, Bianca will receive a stipend to serve children via Clarkston Community Center's
(CCC) summer programs. She will also support CCC's other programs, which are aimed at helping
refugees, immigrants, and newÂAmericans in metro Atlanta.
Bianca will additionally participate in a weekly Internship Seminar Program hosted by Georgia
Tech's Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain (SLS). The program is designed to connect participants to
small groups of interns working on similar projects in global leadership and education as well as
to larger groups of students engaged in a broad range of SLS internships related to equity,
sustainability, and social innovation. The program is themed around the United Nations'
Sustainable Development Goals.
GCIP provides participants with professional development, a sense of community, valuable
learning experiences, and exposure to other people, internships, and organizations related to
their interests. For information on GCIP or similar partnership programs in AMSC's School of
Social Sciences and Humanities, contact:
Kenja McCray, PhD
Associate Professor of History
Environmental Justice Academy Program Coordinator
2021 Georgia Regional & International Awards PHI THETA KAPPA Honor Society
2021 Georgia Regional & International Awards PHI THETA KAPPA Honor Society Beta Beta Tau Chapter
Previous AMSC Spotlight Faculty, Staff and Students
AMSC Spotlight Guidelines
All students (current and graduates) are eligible. Faculty and staff must be employed by AMSC at the time of nomination and spotlighting, and have service of at least six months when nominated. Students, faculty, and staff may be nominated multiple times, however, in the interest of showcasing the diversity of AMSC, individuals will not be spotlighted more than once per year. If the number of quality nominations exceeds the amount that is put up on the web, they will be held until the next publication. Questions concerning eligibility should be emailed to email@example.com
- Any Atlanta Metropolitan State College faculty, staff, or student is eligible to submit nominations.
- Nominators complete a nomination form which requests the following:
- Pertinent information on nominee
- Short essay giving examples of one-time or overall excellent performance and service to the College. Please note that good performance within a unit is mandatory in order to be spotlighted. Suggested areas of excellence are: special achievement or contribution to unit; cost-consciousness; empathy, interpersonal skills, role model or mentor; motivation, initiative; exemplary cooperation, excellent service, customer service; quality of work; team player, strong support of co-workers; overcoming adverse situations; marked personal and professional growth; broad involvement with College activities or groups.
- Length of service with AMSC (if known)
- Length of service in current department/program (if known)
- Suggested word limit for nominations: minimum 250 words - maximum 750 words
- Suggested minimum number of nominations: 2, maximum 5
The AMSC Spotlight Committee will review nominations and make decisions. Spotlighting occurs monthly and is posted on the AMSC website.
A letter will be sent to the awardee(s), which is copied to their supervisor(s), nominator(s), and chairs/directors of awardees' units. A spotlight article will be written and posted on the AMSC's website for a 1-month period. Archived spotlights will be maintained on the website as well.